Monday, April 12, 2010

The Daily Mile

I was googling Joint Juice and stumbled upon a blog called un-athletic runner.  I seen a widget that you can show your daily miles.

Why is all this a post? Because not only did I fall off the wagon, tumble down the hill and float away on the river bend.  I gained all my weight back that I lost 4 years ago.  Sigh.  I left my old weight on top (of this post).  I wish I was that weight again.

We decided to have a weight challenge at work.  $50.00 to join in, three months (plus a couple of days) and only twice to weigh.  In and out. 

There are 14 chola's so far signed up.  I've done this before and I know who my fiercest competitors are.

Normally I would be a fucken monster at doing this.  But my roaring fire is like a burnt out candle.

I felt it this weekend but today monday.  I just had a fat headache, tired, achy breaky and looking for excuses.

I planned on doing my Gluten Free routine but already fucked that up with a dolla burger at McD's.  UGH.  I don't even like McD's.  Gross.

I've been feeling weird.  I know I'm not prego because I took 2 test before this challenge just to be sure.  I mean I know I can't be but for safety's sake, I did anyhow.

In 2006 we did this.  I was 252.5 and by the end of the challenge I was 226.  I lost 4.1% of my BMI and 26.5 lbs. I was killing it by the second month.  I started slacking off and another girl came up from behind and stole the $1,000 from me.  I'm so lame.  It was mine.  ugh!  We had 20 people and only 6 weighed out so more than 1/2 of the dropped off.

My routine was crazy.  I would do 5-9 miles a day (sometimes 9-11 miles/day), 300 sit ups and countless squats. I HATE HATE HATE lunges. ugh.  My nutrition at the time I thought was bad-ass.  Looking back after being more educated it was just BAD!

Breakfast was Oatmeal with 1/2 C Milk; Lunch was either Lettuce/Tomatoe/Avocado/Chicken and hot sauce or Romaine Lettuce with 5-6 deli turkey slices and a 1 piece of cheese; Dinner was a can of chicken broth with Tofu, green onions and a squidge of lemon. 

Basically I was robbing myself of nutrients and probably damaging my body in ways that i dont even know.

I was working out in the hottest time frame of the day with layers and layers of clothing.  I smelled like the track when I'd come back from work.  Gross.

Anywho, I kept it off for 4 years.  Started Roller Skating and kept it off.  Then I stopped skating, and lost control and I gained it all back plus some.

Sucks.

Wish me luck on my new journey.

No comments: