Friday, August 20, 2010

GF Dinner Party

Well I considered it a party!

I had some friends over last night for a small dinner party.  I made those min-turkey meatloafs in muffin pans (topped with a tomatoe/chipotle paste mix) and instead of the rolled oats, I used GF Bread Crumbs (Tortilla crumbs) so it was 100% GF!  I also made some Sweet Potatoe Fries (eh, they were ok, but I'm supposed to not eat it so much), broccoli and Quinoa Corn Salad.

My friends have never ever had or tried Quinoa and I made a salad that I had never made before in my life. I tossed cooked quinoa with a can of rinsed black beans and a jar of that Trader Joe's Corn Salsa (No tomatoes) and it was like a sweet and spicy kind of taste.  They liked it and even had seconds!

I also had a flourless GF Chocolae Torte.  I had some organic blueberries that I bought at Sunday's Farmer's Market and some walnuts.  Oh and I made them some fresh whipped cream.

Drinks we had a virgin cocktail.  Trader Joe's Mineral water (which I just love) and some Cranberry Juice (no sugar added).

So that was my GF dinner party. =)

No comments: