Saturday, September 4, 2010

Challenge #2 in 2010

Remember that lil' o'weight challenge recently where I lost 20lbs and won?

Well, right after that I ate gluten.  I ate all the normal foods, fast, homemade, bought etc.  I gained about 4-5 lbs I believe.  Yes, in only 1 week.  The thing that really sucks for my body is once i stray from being Gluten Free, my weight comes back with a vengence.  It must miss me. 

So we started a second challenge.  Some returning competitors and some new.  Funny thing is, you think I'd get back to being 100% GF and drop the weight.  I kinda did but not really.  That same morning, I had a Sausage Egg McMuffin w/Iced coffee and hash browns.  Last night I had a slice of pizza and hot wings at my aunts.  The other day for lunch I went and had a burger from Five Guys and a Iced Caramel Macchiato.  DAMAGE!

I did start walking and went to the track after work.  I've been going with my cousin.  He's into working out so I know he won't tell me, 'I'm tired or I'm hungry, let's eat instead and workout harder tomorrow'. Because that never happens. The workout part.  I tend to say ok and give in or look for excuses when I'm feeling lazy. 

I'll have to post an update on http://www.dailymile.com/ on what I've been doing so I can keep track.

I also found out that I have 3 free training sessions at my local gym.  San Jose Athletic Club.  I love it there but haven't made it a good habit to go as much as I should.

I also need to start my squats and build muscle early on before the challenge ends on Nov 1st.  Muscle weighs more than fat, so our deal is, for each pound you gain, you pay $2.00 or if you don't want to weigh in, you pay a flat $5.00 fee.  The pot right now is at $800 i believe.  We have our 1st weigh in Sept 9th.

My old daily routine included 300 situps, 5-9 miles/day and 60 squats (20 Kick, 20 Prisoner and 20 Sumo).

This article inspired me on adding my squats back in because my cousin just had surgery on her ACL & Miniscus.  http://www.adamringler.com/coaching/lets-keep-our-female-athletes-squatting

I have been told I have tight hamstrings.  And not tight as in a lyric a rapper might tell you.

Happy Challenging!

No comments: