Saturday, September 4, 2010

Recipe: Cucumber Juice

My Aunt Delia made this at a BBQ once and I was hooked.  At first I didn't want to try it.  Usually I have cucumbers on my eyes, in my salad or with lemon and tapatio.  Although I've always wanted to try a cucumber sandwich.  You know the ones you see on TV at some fancy reception with the crust cut off.  Of course it'd be Gluten Free bread. =)

I called my Aunt because halfway while seeding the cucumbers I realized, I don't know how to make this. Did she leave the peel on? Did she seed it? So I called.

We must cook the same.  Without measuring because here is what she said:

Get 1 1/2 - 2 cucumbers, peel them, stick them in a blender with a jar of water and sieve.  Add mint, sugar and lemon to make it cooler.

Okay.  I'm not sure how much a jar equals to, but I had peeled about 5 cucumbers and seeded them.

So i had 7 cucumbers, a big jug of water.

I blended the peeled cucumbers with some water.  Then i double sieved it to get the pulp out. 
I blended a second time but added some mint, too much lemon (use 1, i used 2) and Agave Nectar (suit to your tastebuds).  Sieved again and stored in a water jug with ice cubes.

Im not clear on the benefits other than it tastes really good, refreshing.  Don't let the greenish color fool you.  It's good.  Although my aunt's is way better.  I will sip on this today.

No comments: