Friday, September 3, 2010

Food Review: Chex

APB: If you see the Chocolate Chex....let me know. I want a box or two.  I can't find that flavor ANYWHERE!

My cousin found this at Safeway and was excited when I came home and said: "Look, Cuz, this cereal is GF!"  =)

I tried it and liked it.  I believe I should stay away from cereals that have

Honey Nut (love it) but I should be staying away from the ingrediants listed: Sugar, Brown Sugar Syrup.
Chocolate (mmm) and the Cinnamon both have: Sugar, Frutcose =(

All these cereals seem to have BHT added to it to preserve freshness.  (I just learned this a minute ago, while reading the ingrediants).  Umm...it says that is primarily used as an antioxidant food additive, which is also used in costmetics, pharmecuticals, jet fuels, rubber, petroleum products, electrical transformer oil and embalming fluid! Embaling fluid.  wow.  I'm preserving my internal organs a cell at a time aren't I? 

GOODNESS. well, this just killed my appetite for this. I will stick with my faithful Gorilla Munch.

06/09/2015 NOTE: I updated another post with information that chex will be working on removing BHT in their cereal!!!! http://cen.acs.org/articles/93/i8/General-Mills-Remove-Antioxidant-BHT.html

No comments: