Saturday, September 4, 2010

Recipe: Agua Fresca

Agua Fresca
Well not exactly a recipe, but more like expirement and see. =)

My friend/neighbor next door brought me over some fresh cut watermelon.  It looked good, but I personally have not really liked the taste or texture of it.  But i'll drink an agua fresca!  Ques eso? (or did i just spell Queso?)

It's fresh water made with fruit.  I posted earlier about a Cucumber Juice.

Since the blender was sitting oh so lonely on the counter, I put the watermelon in it, added a little water and some agave nectar.  Also some frozen organic strawberries and a few sprigs of fresh mint.  Blend, blend, blend and double sieve.  I had to double sieve it twice because of the frothy watermelon hid the seeds from the strawberries.

That's it.  Simple.

No comments: